1. Register for the Same Day in March Project HERE
2. Obtain the book or watch the Youtube video with your class.
3. On March 1st start recording with your students the low and high temperature on the spreadsheet. (We will be sharing this document with you when you register. Please make sure to record the data on your sheet. Look for your name on the tab at the bottom of the sheet.)
4. Follow along and post pictures on twitter using the hashtag #SDIM17
5. Send us any pictures, class/school info that you would like posted to our website to share with other participating classrooms in the project.
6. Find skype partners to skype with to let students share data, thoughts about the project.
We would like classes from all over the world that will join us to grow knowledge of weather , math along with cultural awareness. As an extension, we are hoping that many of the participating classes will be motivated to share their daily data, findings and thought with the rest of us using the #SDIM17 hashtag on Twitter.
After reading the book, The Same Day in March by Marilyn Singer or watching the Youtube video of the story, classes will collect data of the temperatures and compare with other classes around the world.
Classrooms will have the opportunity to either record their data each day or to record just for March 1 and March 31 for a In Like A Lion Discussion Activity/Discussion with their class.
Classes will have access to a spreadsheet they will record their data on each day. Classes that participate will have the opportunity to connect with other classes through Skype to discuss data, weather patterns and compare and contrast weather in their country, region or community during the month of March.